Finally en-route to battlefield duty following their sojourn on Balhaut, the Tanith First are in transit towards the titular Salvation's Reach, a dangerous subsector in arch-enemy held space, for an almost suicidal assault on one of Archon Sek's strategic strongholds, a space hulk that contains invaluable intelliegence on the enemy.
The Ghosts of the Tanith First and Only have away from the frontline for too long. Listless, and hungry for action, they are offered a mission that perfectly suits their talents. The objective: the mysterious Salvation's Reach, a remote and impenetrable stronghold concealing secrets that could change the course of the Sabbat Worlds campaign. But the proposed raid is so hazardous, it's regarded as a suicide mission, and the Ghosts may have been in reserve for so long they've lost their edge. Haunted by sceptres from the past and stalked by the arch-enemy, Colonel-Commissar Gaunt and his Ghosts embark upon what could be their finest hour...or their final mission.
Analysis & ExtrasEdit
- Jakub Wilder
Salvation's Reach follows a highly linear, controlled narrative without the use of flashbacks or chronological tweaking. It divides it's focus mainly over the main characters seen above, switching between them at appropriate times.
The title is named for the sector of space where the Salvation's Reach station is located.
Themes & Series TropesEdit
- One Last Stand (Dorden and Merrt)
- Shocking Death (Edur, Dorden, Costin)
- Moral Event Horizon (Meryn and Gendler)
- Felyx Chass
- Major Pasha
- Captain Zhukova
- Captain Jakub Wilder
- Sergeant Didi Gendler
- Brother Sar Af of the White Scars
- Brother-Sergeant Eadwine of the Silver Guard
- Brother Kater Holofurnace of the Iron Snakes
- First time the subject of marriage within the Imperial Guard has been broached.
- Second appearance by the Sirkles, after Blood Pact.
- As of the end of Salvation's Reach, the only remaining Tanith characters who still feature who were named in First and Only are Rawne, Larkin, Varl, Domor, Mkoll, Melyr, Meryn, Raglon and...